- You should memorize all formulas, especially the Earned Value and PERT.
- Practice eliminating the completely implausible options first.
- There is no penalty for guessing; thus, do not leave any question blank.
- There will always be those situations where you have no idea what the question is asking.
- Use educated guessing to select the most appropriate option. Remember, you have only 80 seconds for each question. If you do not know the answer of a question, mark it and move on and revisit it later if you have time.
- Answer the questions based on the PMBOK concepts first, then consider your experience.
- If they are in conflict, the PMBOK wins.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
General PMP Exam Tips
General tips - obtained from "PMP Exam Resource"
Suggested Study Materials
- PMP-Preparation Recommended Books
- PMP Exam Prep, Fifth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition (PMBOK Guides)
- The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try (Test Prep series)