- is a technique used to determine whether it would be more cost effective to produce a prudct or service in-house or from an outside vendor.
- can significantly impact project time, cost, quality, scope, etc.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
The project manager must be involved in the creation of contracts and fulfills the following key roles:
- Understand contract terms and conditions
- Identify risks and incorporate mitigation and allocation of risks into the contract
- Fit the schedule for completion of the procurement process into the schedule for the project
- Be involved during contract negotiation to project relationship with the seller
- Work with contract manager to manage changes to the contract
Suggested Study Materials
- PMP-Preparation Recommended Books
- PMP Exam Prep, Fifth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition (PMBOK Guides)
- The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try (Test Prep series)