- ensure that the best seller is awarded the contract.
- assigned to the values of the proposals and each proposal is scored.
- The seller with the highest score is awarded the contract.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Steps in Contract Negotiation:
All parties become acquainted and the overall attitude of the negotiation is established; this tone is largely set by the buyer's team leader and the person with authority to sign the contract will lead the contract negotiation team.
Each side attempts to learn about the other's real position.
Give-and-take discussions take place to arrive at the best possible agreement to all.
The tentative agreement is revised and everyone has an opportunity to the tweak the results.
The team tries to ensure that all parties clearly understand and agree to all terms and conditions of the contract.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
- Submitted by a potential seller.
- Demonstrated an understanding of the procurement need, describe the seller's ability to provide the service or product and the detail the price for delivering the desired goods and/or service.
Friday, September 17, 2010
What are the major activities in Request Seller Responses?
- A method of expanding the number of potential sellers by publicly announcing the solicitation in general circulation publications.
- allows the sellers to ask questions and get clarifications about the project and bidding requirements.
- are also called vendor conferences, pre-bid conference or contractor conference.
- is part of organizational process assets.
- will be sent only the pre-qualified sellers.
Request Seller Responses:
- When the project manager requests seller responses, he obtains quotations, bids, proposals, or estimations from potential suppliers of goods or services being procured.
- The potential sellers must prepare and submit proposals in response to your requst.
Friday, September 10, 2010
What are the Considerations in Evaluation Criteria?
- Understanding of need
- Overall or lifecycle cost
- Technical ability
- Management approach
- Financial capacity
- Project Management ability
Friday, September 3, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Procurement Documents are:
- documents submitted to prospective sellers to solicit proposals for work being procured.
- May include the following:
Information for sellers
Contract statement of work
Proposal terms and conditions of the contract (legal and business)
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
- Details what is required in terms of physical characteristics.
- Specifies measurable capabilities the end product must achieve in terms of operational characteristics.
- Defines what the deliverable is required to do but not necessarily how to do it. This allows the prospective sellers to offer different possible solutions for archiving the same end-use function.
Suggested Study Materials
- PMP-Preparation Recommended Books
- PMP Exam Prep, Fifth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition (PMBOK Guides)
- The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try (Test Prep series)