Used to identify overall project risks or may focus in on the risks within a particular project segment or work package.
- Delphi technique
Generate a consensus among project risk experts who anonymously submit their risk list to a facilitator.
Used to get information from people with a wide experience across many projects, such as stakeholders, team members, project manager, etc.
- Stregths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis
Examines the project from the perspective of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Common Information Gathering Techniques
The common types of Information Gathering Techniques include:
Suggested Study Materials
- PMP-Preparation Recommended Books
- PMP Exam Prep, Fifth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition (PMBOK Guides)
- The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try (Test Prep series)